Tuesday, September 29, 2009
Swine Flu or a Simple Cold?
It seems like I get sick more often than the average bear. I started volunteering in the church nursery 3 or 4 years ago -that first winter I was sick all the time. Last year I had the flu and it was horrible. Today I woke up and my mild cough & sore throat has morphed into me being miserable. Normally I would just think "oh I have a cold and need to take it easy for a few days". However, with all the swine flu hype - I'm nervous. I just read a story earlier today about a 14 year old that died from the swine flu. Which got me to thinking. If I died today - what would I regret? What would I want to say to my family before I died? On the one hand - there is no huge regret in life that I have at this point in time. There are things that I wish I could be more of - more forgiving, more empathetic, more caring, more daring, bolder. But when I look at my life - where I'm at - it may not be what I would have thought of as "ideal" but its a good life. At this point in time - I just have to keep on keeping on and pray that I figure out what God wants for my life - and that I am strong enough to embrace that will.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment